How can you donate?
Our collection hubs are situated all over the UK and you can donate your unwanted, usable sports kit, to your nearest hub, which you can find here: Collection Hubs Somerset
Alternatively, send your donation directly to our re-distribution warehouse, located in Suffolk:
Unit 8 Yale Business Park, Bluestem Road, Ransomes Industrial Estate, Ipswich, IP3 9RR
We ask all donors to follow these simple rules, before donating kit and/or visiting your nearest collection hub:
• Please ensure that all items are properly cleaned and usable
• Agree a mutual date and time to drop off your donation
• All clothing/equipment must be in a sealed container, box or bag
• When handling containers/bags, please wear gloves/face masks
• If directed by collection hub, place donation in designated collection zone
• The collection hub has the right to refuse any donation on our behalf, if the above steps aren’t followed
For a full list of what we do and don’t collect, please see our collection standards document here (link to – https://www.lordstaverners.org/media/1696/collection_standards.pdf).
Could you be a collection hub?
In order to receive more donations, the Lord’s Taverners are seeking to establish a network of collection hubs in each County. If there isn’t a suitable location near you, why not apply to become a collection point. This can be your cricket club, school, shop, office or even your home!!
Don’t worry, you won’t be inundated with sports kit every day! Most of our hubs are set up to receive kit, during specific times of the year, which co-insides with the start and close of the UK County cricket season.
Can we apply for kit?
For UK deliveries, we look to work with cricket clubs or youth organisations (especially those in economically deprived areas) who wish to develop their junior and youth sections.
To find out more or request an application form, please contact Dave Pemberton via Dave.Pemberton@lordstaverners.org
If you would like general information on how to get involved with our sports kit recycling program, please visit the Lord’s Taverners website