This annual reward and recognition scheme says thank you to people that have made a significant contribution to coaching cricket.
We are delighted to open the nomination process for this year’s awards. The closing date for nominations is Friday 24th September 2022. The Somerset County Winners will be invited to our ‘Grassroots Cricket Awards’ event on the 27th October 2022 at the Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton.
This year’s categories for coaches are:
Young Coach of the Year
A young person who is already making a difference and is already passing on their enthusiasm for the game and inspiring the next generation of players.
– Demonstrated a commitment to developing the game at the grassroots and community level
– Has had a clear impact on local schools or clubs
– Has shown creativity and determination in their development as a coach
– 16-25 years of age
Coach of the Year
A coach who goes the extra mile and is a true coaching hero to their club, league, county or school. They are creative and work with players to help them reach their full potential whilst delivering active and fun sessions.
– Inspires and supports individual player development
– Creates and delivers enjoyable and effective coaching sessions
– Uses innovation and inspirational coaching methods which have significantly improved player and team performances
Outstanding Contribution – Services to Coaching
This person is the life and soul of your club, in your league, your county or at your school. They have dedicated a significant amount of time to coaching and have contributed to growing the game.
– Dedicated themselves to coaching and making a difference to the players
– Created numerous opportunities and contributed to increasing participation of players
– Is the heartbeat of the club, league, county or school
This year’s category for supporting coaches is:
Outstanding Contribution – Services to Coach Development
This is an individual or team of coach developers, club or local initiative who is going above and beyond to support the development of coaches in your county. An individual/team/club/initiative who:
– Actively promotes and supports the development of the coaches and/or coaches associations
– Grows and encourages diversity and inclusivity making everyone feel like cricket is a game for them
– Provides administrative support and/or the development of coaching Marketing
To Nominate for an ECB Coach Award
Please complete the form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Friday 24th September 2022.
ECB Coach Awards 2022 Nomination Form