The Somerset Cricket Foundation are delighted to launch an exciting new women’s 100 ball tournament this summer in partnership with award-winning Insurance broker, Higos Insurance.
The Higos Women’s 100 will take place over the three bank holidays in May, with the final at the Cooper Associates County Ground in September. The new hardball competition, which promises an exciting and fast paced brand of cricket, is open to all players in Somerset and is an opportunity to play with and against other from cricketers from different clubs across the county.
Somerset Cricket Foundation Managing Director, Jon Bendle, commented, “Higos Insurance are passionate about supporting grassroots cricket and The Higos Women’s 100 strengthens our commitment to grown and diversify the game in the county. It’s a hugely exciting proposition that will undoubtedly showcase the talent that is so clearly evident in the women’s game in Somerset.”
Higos Women’s 100 Competition Information
- The competition comprises 3 ‘franchise’ teams made up from players from clubs throughout Somerset.
- Players are invited to register their interest online. Somerset Cricket Foundation will confirm participation via email.
- Kit will be provided for all players
- The competition will be hardball and advice would be for players to have had hardball experience to be involved.
- The fixtures will be played over the three bank holidays in May; Monday 1st May (Wembdon CC), Monday 8th May (Bridgwater) and Monday 29th May (Claverham CC).
- The finals to be played at the Cooper Associates County Ground Saturday 2nd September.