Everyone associated with Somerset Cricket Board hopes that you and your loved ones are safe and well in this difficult time.
Please note: As we continue to adhere to Government guidelines and help to play our part in combating the spread of Coronavirus, we have reverted to reduced operations. The impact that this will place on our services is as follows:
- Somerset Cricket Board staff: We are now running at a much reduced staffing structure and a number of staff are uncontactable. All enquiries should be directed to one of the following:
- Executive Director – email@example.com – 07557783682
- League & Club Development Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07772538068
- Summer Community Coach – email@example.com
- Upcoming Events: All Somerset Cricket Board courses and related cricket activity is currently suspended until further notice.
- Somerset Cricket Board Offices: The Somerset Cricket Board office will be closed to the public until further notice. We are still contactable by telephone or email, although our response times may be slower than usual due to remote working practices.
As you may have read, the recreational cricket season has been postponed until further notice. We must stress that all dates are fluid and subject to change dependent on this evolving situation. We will continue to evaluate these working practices and timescales on a weekly basis.
We will continue to support our clubs and communities. Based on the feedback you gave us we will be focussing on three main areas:
- Players – Communicate ideas and activities to keep players engaged with cricket and developing their skills.
- General membership – Encourage and support clubs to engage with their general membership and continue to bring people and communities together (remotely of course)
- Finance – Communicate regularly about funding pots, ways to cover fixed costs and reduce general outgoings.
- Facilities – In particular maintenance of grounds and squares. Collate and distribute latest information and guidance for clubs and groundskeepers.
Please do get in touch with any questions, queries or feedback you may have. In the meanwhile, we hope you and your loved ones stay safe and well during this period and we very much look forward to seeing you all later on this summer.