We pleased to announce that both the SCB KO Cups & U19T20 are now available to enter for the summer ahead.
The Road to Taunton begins: SCB KO Cups Open for Entries
After an enforced season of due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we are delighted to announce our popular KO Cups will be returning for 2021!
We run three T20 cups, each one is for a particular band of clubs to enter so that competition is fair and meaningful. The matches are initially played at a local level before becoming county-wide, culminating in a six team finals day at The Cooper Associates County Ground with the date to be confirmed shortly.
- The Major Cup is open to all SCB affiliated teams who play in the West of England Premier League.
- The Intermediate Cup is open to SCB affiliated teams who play in any of the top three divisions of the Bristol & District, Somerset or Wiltshire Cricket Leagues
- The Minor Cup is open to all other teams who affiliate to the Somerset Cricket Board.
We recommend all clubs understand the rules of the competitions as in 2019 two clubs were disqualified from the cup for playing ineligible player: SCB KO Cup Rules
How do I enter my club?
There are two different entry methods for the 2021 Season after the cancellation of the 2020 competitions.
- All Clubs listed in the table at the bottom of https://somersetcricketfoundation.org/adult-cricket/cups/scb-ko-cups/ entered in 2020 & paid but didn’t claim a refund so to enter they need to complete online entry form which is available by clicking here and when you reach the checkout select BACS and write in the pop up box- offline payment so you do not pay again in 2021.
- For all new entries which do not fit in the above category entry is £15 per team and clubs can enter by completing the online entry form which is available by clicking here and completing the necessary payment
All entries must be in by Monday 15th March
Vitality U19T20 Returns for 2021!
The Vitality U19 Club T20, a vibrant competition that lets young players take ownership within their club, is coming back to Somerset in 2021 after shortened summer of action in 2020 due to the Covid-19 Pandemic which saw the Bridgwater Red Sox, Congresbury Cobras, Hinton Hornets & Yeovil Whirlwinds win their respective area competition.
What is U19T20?
Young players compete in fast paced matches with, and against, their friends in a great atmosphere. It offers a format of cricket to inspire and enthuse young people to stay in the game. In 2019, over 650 clubs took part nationally, wearing coloured kit, playing music and smashing a pink ball around. U19T20 has had a positive impact on the game and helps to:
- Retain young players within the game by providing them with additional opportunities to play with friends
- Create exciting match day experiences.
- Create volunteering opportunities for young players within the club
For more information and entry please visit: SCB U19T20 2021
The cost of entry to affiliated clubs is £45.00, which includes the provision of pink match balls for every game.
All entries should be completed by 28th February.