Combining studies with cricket development
The Somerset Cricket Foundation’s Further Education Academy offers 16- to 18-year-olds the opportunity to combine studies with a personalised cricket development programme at The Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton. Players are provided with a structured programme of practical coaching, sports science support and fitness alongside an academic education at the highly regarded Richard Huish College.
What do players receive?
- A minimum of five hours of coaching per week (this includes 2:1 coaching, group coaching and masterclasses).
- Winter indoor and summer outdoor fixtures.
- A personalised strength and conditioning programme.
- Gym membership for the college gym.
- A place on the ECB Foundation I coaching course.
- Richard Huish sports clothing
When does it run?
The programme runs from October to July with outdoor fixtures during the summer term and indoor fixtures during the winter/spring terms.
Get in touch
If you’d like to speak to us about our work with schools, please contact us using the short online form below. By doing so, we’ll also keep you informed of new school initiatives, competitions and CPD opportunities. You can unsubscribe at any time.