Somerset Cricket Foundation is pleased to launch The Cricket Collective Awards for 2023. Previously known as the Grassroots Cricket Awards, the Cricket Collective is our way of recognising the hard work and contribution that volunteers make across our cricket network. This a great opportunity to nominate that person at your club who deserves a huge thank you for all they do, whether as a coach, umpire, scorer, grounds person, or administrator.
The categories for nominations are;
- Connecting Communities – A club or community organisation which has gone above and beyond to #raisethegame and support communities/groups
- Inspired to play – An Individual or group within your club or community organisation going above and beyond to open the game up to new audiences.
- Rising Star Award – Young volunteer making a difference – 11 – 16-year-olds
- Game changer – Young volunteer 17 – 25-year-olds making a difference in the game
- Unsung hero – Those heroes who impact our game and help us make cricket happen. This could be ground staff, coaches, officials, umpires, or other volunteers.
- Growing the game – A league volunteer, committee member, or administrator going above and beyond to support clubs and help increase the number of games played.
- Lifetime achiever – That one individual who has given many years of service to your club or community group you could not do without
- Cricket innovators – Someone who has brought new ideas and/or implemented new systems to improve your club or community group
- Safe Hands Award – An individual that has gone above and beyond to create a positive environment for young people to enjoy the game
- Tackling Climate Change – A club or community organisation that is addressing the threat climate change poses to cricket, by making sustainable changes to operations, adapting their facilities and/or engaging their local community
- Volunteer Grounds Management Team of the Year –An opportunity to reward and recognise those volunteers who are working hard and improving the places where the game is
Due to the sheer number of nominations received last year we will be shortlisting for each category and only those shortlisted will be invited to our Awards Night which is planned for Friday 13th October. So make sure any nomination you submit stands out from the crowd, and tells us why your nominee deserves to win. You can read the nomination criteria here.
Please submit your nomination here before Sunday 6th August at 17:00
Click here to read about the 2022 awards