Who should attend?
Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire and develop players and make a difference to the game.
This course is for candidates who have previous cricket or coaching experience and are looking to coach on a regular basis at their club or school. If you are a parent, volunteer helper or looking to take your first steps onto the coaching pathway, we would strongly advise that you look into the Foundation 1 Coach courses detailed on our website.
Commitment and course specification
Coaches will be required to book onto the course and make the full payment prior to attending. Candidates will be required to attend all modules of the course in order to acheive certification.
• 8 face-to-face modules – 3 hours each
• 17 years of age to enter – 18 years of age to certificate
• Assessment – observations, multiple choice and short answer questions
• Certification pre-requisites – valid ECB DBS and valid safeguarding training
• Course cost – £300.00 tbc
- Role of an ECB Core Coach
- Player-centred planning process
- Player development
- Core principles – batting, bowling (pace and spin), fielding and wicketkeeping
- Tactical, physical and mental skills
- Coaching tools
- Practice types
Pre-requisites for certification
Completion of the 8 course modules, access online e-learning modules, completion of the online MCP assessment, completion of the course practical assessments, online SYC certificate, current ECB DBS vetting check, aged 17 years at least to begin the course and 18 years at Assessment. To discuss the course in more detail, please get in touch with us or telephone 01823 352266.