What does the course cover?
By the end of this course you should be able to understand:
- The performance requirements of a playing surface;
- How to monitor the quality of a surface;
- How different maintenance activities might influence pitch playability;
- The responsibilities of operatives and organisations;
- The purpose of risk assessments;
- Different soil types;
- Basic drainage design;
- How to identify turf grasses in general;
- General control methods for undesirable organisms;
- The use of annual work schedules; and
- How to create an annual work schedule.
How long does it take?
The course takes around 6 hours to complete although you do have a window of 28 days to complete it. Just like our other online courses there are self assessment questions so that you can check your learning as you go, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online.
What do you get?
You will receive a certificate of completion which can compliment your own CPD activity. This course is also worth 3 CPD points / 3 CPD hours.