Online CPD course
The course will allow you to understand about the advanced technical aspects of turf maintenance and management, and how they may form an integral part of a detailed work programme. This course will allow you to get the most from your surface in terms of quality standards and ultimately, carrying capacity. This online option will suit those volunteers and professionals that do not have time to travel and attend a course. You will learn about applying the practical tasks that you carry out in a planned way though the development of an annual maintenance programme.
How much does it cost?
- Member Price £120.00 (Incl. VAT)
- Non Member Price £162.00 (Incl. VAT)
What does the course cover?
By the end of this course you should be able to understand:
- The influence of drainage, soil type and compaction on playability
- Soil nutrient testing and what this might mean for your surface
- Grass cultivars and selection and evaluation
- Controlling undesirable organisms and Integrated Pest Management
- Health and safety systems
- Planning a work programme
- Managing a surface to optimise playability.
How long does it take?
The course takes around 6 hours to complete although you do have a window of 28 days to complete it. Just like our other online courses there are self-assessment questions so that you can check your learning as you go, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online.
What do you get?
You will receive a certificate of completion which can compliment your own CPD activity. This course is also worth 3 CPD points / 3 CPD hours.