What does the course cover?
By the end of this course you should be able to understand:
- The influence of drainage, soil type and compaction on playability
- Soil nutrient testing and what this might mean for your surface
- Grass cultivars and selection and evaluation
- Controlling undesirable organisms and Integrated Pest Management
- Health and safety systems
- Planning a work programme
- Managing a surface to optimise playability.
How long does it take?
The course takes around 6 hours to complete although you do have a window of 28 days to complete it. Just like our other online courses there are self-assessment questions so that you can check your learning as you go, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online.
What do you get?
You will receive a certificate of completion which can compliment your own CPD activity. This course is also worth 3 CPD points / 3 CPD hours.