You can read a lot more information about these three themes within the attached guidance notes:
To assist clubs in assessing where they may need to improve their facilities to make them more welcoming and inclusive, the ECB has developed a couple of self-assessment documents.
How will the County Grants Fund be managed in Somerset ?
All clubs who wish to apply should complete our Expression of Interest Form which now live: https://forms.office.com/r/QmCQm1qBzg.
Once this form has been received our development team will be in contact with your club to understand:
- What your project is
- Assess its eligibility
- Impact to cricket in Somerset- National Programmes, Women & Girls & Disability
- Readiness- cost, partnership funding, planning permission
- Support you to proceed with a full application at the relevant time.
Full applications for 2022 is now closed and will re open in February 2023 (date TBC). Once the ECB advise us the date the scheme opens will advise of the full application process but it will be via the ECB IMS System and the likely to be similar to what is explained in the County Grant Funds Guidance.
There are a few key points we would like to make to clubs at this stage:
- Prioritising – Only applications from Clubs that are actively engaged with ECB programmes: All Stars, Dynamos, Women’s and Girls’ Cricket and Disability Cricket will be considered.
- Local management – The County Grants Fund will be administered locally, with an Independent Review Panel for award decisions.
- Do not see as a replacement for Small Grant Scheme – The County Grants Fund is absolutely not a re-badge of the old Small Grants Scheme. The project themes are very different but also with potentially higher levels of investment.
- Scale of support – The County Grants Fund has been launched by the ECB as a priority for supporting the recreational game and the ambitions of its Inspiring Generations Strategy. Therefore, there are very positive levels of investment attributed to the fund. However, there are still finite levels of funding available to us in year one which is why we will work closely with cricket clubs to identify appropriate projects which delivery strong outcomes.
County Grants Fund Webinar
Somerset Cricket Foundation held a webinar on Wednesday 18th August 2021 on the County Grant Fund. This is available to watch back on: https://youtu.be/15DFn3PlGBA