The Somerset Cricket Board Coaches Association (SCBCA) is the county’s arm of the national England and Wales Cricket Board Coaches Association (ECBCA).
The Somerset Coaches Association (SCA) is an active and vibrant organisation, which is run to benefit all coaches in Somerset.
We hope that you will find the events and information detailed below of interest and that they will encourage you to become involved with our Association and develop your coaching. Should you have any feedback or suggestions regarding any aspect of the Associations activities then please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, we will welcome your comments.
Have a look at the opportunities that we are offering below and we will look forward to welcoming you to one of our CA events in the future.
The latest ECB guidance for cricket this summer can be found here.
Following our successful webinars in March (which you can watch via the links below) we will be looking to run more during the 2021 season. These will be posted here as soon as they are open for bookings. We will also be running face-to-face workshops in the Autumn and next spring. More details on these will also follow.
Somerset CCC Head Coach Jason Kerr | ‘Making the most out of pre-season’ | Watch webinar
South West Performance Leads | ‘Developing players through competition’ | Watch webinar
Somerset CCC Captain Tom Abell | ‘Supporting and developing captains’ | Watch webinar
Western Storm Captain Sophie Luff | ‘Coaching girls’ cricket’ | Watch webinar
ECBCA clothing can be purchased by logging into the New Balance website and visiting the CA store.
Full Member (£30 per year)
- To hold a minimum of Level 1 Coaching Award or an ECB Level 1 NCA Teaching Award
- An up-to-date ECB DBS Check – contact your County Cricket Board to begin an application
Associate Member (£10 per year)
There are no criteria to become an associate member, it is open to everyone interested in cricket coaching.
Both full and associate members must abide by the ECB Coaches Code of Conduct. Click here for details.
To apply for membership
Please complete the ECB Coaches Association application form (Online) and you’ll be contacted directly to orgainse payment.
Any problems/questions, please call ECBCA on 0121 440 4332.
Join today and access the benefits on icoachcricket
Wings to Fly
- Access to the latest thinking from top coaches and players around the world, at all levels of the game
- Access practical ideas to apply to your everyday coaching. Challenge your thinking and practice while observing other coaches and their approach. Gain a unique, behind-the-scenes insight into the leading top coaches and players in the world
- Never be short of ideas and ways of delivering really interesting and enjoyable coaching sessions
- Easily digestible chapters for simplicity of use
- Up-to-date coaching methods and styles presented by top coaches and players
- Coaches Matter bulletins provide easily interpreted technical information and practices for coaches to share with players
- A poster for you to display at your club or school
Hitting the Seam
- Practical ideas and practices for you to use
- Community and elite coaching news updates
- ECB CA Support Centre and membership updates
- Cricket reports from the ECB
- Technical bulletin round-ups
- Articles on coaching
Mini-programmes and series designed to support your coaching
ECB CA Forum
- Communicate and share with other ECB CA members online
If you are a full member of the ECB CA you will receive specialist insurance, which includes:
- Public Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property – £5,000.000 – limit of indemnity
- Employer’s Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to helpers in coaching sessions – £10,000,000 – limit of indemnity
- Personal Accident – A range of benefits from Accidental Death at £20,000 to cost of repair of spectacles or dentures – £300
- Legal Expenses – Recently introduced to provide additional protection for the members in respect of various, potential, legal actions
- Legal and Tax Helpline – Advice on any legal/tax matter 24 hours a day 365 days a year
If you need to update or amend your membership details, please contact email@example.com